Current Job Opening: Certified Nurse Practitioner
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner preferred.
Contracted Part-time Position
(Looking for someone one day a week to twice a month)
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinate the psychiatric treatment and care to the identified consumers within the programs of Southern Plains Behavioral Health Services.
QUALIFICATIONS: Licensed by the South Dakota State Board of Nursing
A minimum of a Master’s Degree in a health and human services field with a minimum of one clinic experience
Demonstrated skill and competence in knowledge and understanding of mental health services for adults with a severe mental illness (SMI). Ability and creativity to plan and implement treatment interventions and work effectively with other staff and clients, individually and in groups. Ability to network and coordinate with various community agencies dealing with SMI.
Dependent on experience.
Submit resumes by Monday, May 22 at 8 am.
Position open until filled.
Current Job Opening: Clinical Director: Full-time Salaried Position
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The Clinical Director must have at least a master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, Nursing, or Social Work, and currently holding a license in that field, and with at least two  years of supervised postgraduate clinical experience and have an additional two  years of experience in a mental health setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees the application of Adult and Child Services and supervises staff that conducts the programs. Reviews staff charts to ensure compliance with state/federal requirements.
- Establishes and maintains regular communication with all staff and provides weekly staff supervision.
- Participates in screening of clients and supervising others who are involved in the screening of clients to determine medical necessity and appropriate diagnosis.
- Participates in treatment planning and staffing conferences.
- Will attend Board meetings at the request of the Executive Director, Financial Director, or Board of Directors.
- Participates in the on-call schedule.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to relate to severely mentally ill clients and their families.
- Skill to assimilate information and evaluate problems situations relating to mentally ill clients.
- Knowledge and understanding of program planning, development, and administration.
- Ability to interpret business and operational needs and develop integrated creative solutions.
- Organizational planning, structuring, and staffing skills.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Project management skills and the ability to resolve problems and issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide-range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Competent to collaborate, network, and build relationships within the systems of communities.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in the area of expertise.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures and in developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
Dependent on experience.
Benefits package offered.
Position open until filled.
Current Job Opening: Counselor
- Open until filled.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or above in social work, counseling, psychology, or other relevant human service profession.
- Counseling includes individual, group, and family sessions in clinical and outreach settings.
- Responsible for clinical practice, completion of forms, and progress notes.
- Will complete assessments, diagnosing, and development of strength-based treatment plans.
- Provides on-call services as scheduled.
Current Job Opening: Systems of Care Coordinator
The Systems of Care (SOC) program is a wraparound approach to delivering services to youth and families, as identified by school systems and other community stakeholders.
The SOC Coordinator will work in collaboration with many agencies including school systems and other community resources, to provide the following services:
- Consultation with schools and community agencies
- Accepting referrals and ensuring completion of intake paperwork
- Assess and assist families with needs across life domains
i. Basic Needs
ii. Social Supports
iii. Emotional Needs
iv. Educational Needs
v. Community Supports
vi. Housing Supports
- Ensuring families are informed of service options
- Facilitating team meetings as needed to develop and monitor service plans and ensure that service plans are driven by the family
- Case management to refer and facilitate access to an array of community services and supports
- Collaboration and coordination to facilitate implementation of service plans across all involved child and family serving agencies
- Continually updating knowledge of and relationship with community resources available to children and families
- Conducting training, outreach and marketing in support of SOC programming
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent and higher.
Wage: Dependent on education and experience.
Part-time or full-time positions available.
Send Resumes to: Southern Plains Behavioral Health Services
500 E. 9th Street
Winner, SD 57580
You can also email your resume to the Executive Director at:
Lindsey McCarthy, MSW