Current Job Openings: Part-time or Full-time RN or LPN
The nurse position provides healthcare for individuals with mental illness and/or co-occurring substance use disorders by assessing needs and implementing appropriate nursing interventions, determining if a physician’s attention is necessary, and following orders given by a physician to ensure patient healthcare needs are met.
- Provide nursing care to clients in office or community setting.
- Administer prescribed medication and treatments in accordance to nursing standards.
- Maintain adequate and accurate patient data in records:
- Record pertinent medical or behavioral data.
- Complete special reports and forms.
- Secures and maintains paperwork for indigent medication programs for clients as appropriate.
- Provide basic medical care, determine if physician’s care is needed, and make arrangements for obtaining care:
- Assess physical needs of client and observe clients for illness and injury.
- Answer questions of staff regarding behavior of clients.
- Monitor clients’ physical condition.
- Provides Medication Administration Training and Certification to staff as assigned.
- Explains and describes medications and treatments to clients and staff.
- Assist physician with clinic and telepsychiatry.
- Maintenance, storage, and security of medications.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain regular contact with physician for consultations and other staff to exchange patient information, work with lab and medical aide personnel to order tests for patient care, pharmacy to discuss prescriptions, and communicate with patient’s family as necessary.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by communication and behaving in a manner that gets along with clients, their families, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Knowledgeable in current nursing theory and practice.
- Skills in crisis and emergency management.
- Ability to carry-out responsibilities with compassion, acceptance, and patience.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to use a computer and operate electronic health records.
Education: Requires state licensure as a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse in South Dakota.
Wage: Depends on licensure and experience.
Benefits offered with full-time employment.
Position Closes Monday, April 26, 2021
Current Job Openings: Counselor
- Open until filled.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or above in social work, counseling, psychology, or other relevant human service profession.
- Counseling includes individual, group, and family sessions in clinical and outreach settings.
- Responsible for clinical practice, completion of forms, and progress notes.
- Will complete assessments, diagnosing, and development of strength-based treatment plans.
- Provides on-call services as scheduled.
Current Job Openings: Systems of Care Coordinator
The Systems of Care (SOC) program is a wraparound approach to delivering services to youth and families, as identified by school systems and other community stakeholders.
The SOC Coordinator will work in collaboration with many agencies including school systems and other community resources, to provide the following services:
- Consultation with schools and community agencies
- Accepting referrals and ensuring completion of intake paperwork
- Assess and assist families with needs across life domains
i. Basic Needs
ii. Social Supports
iii. Emotional Needs
iv. Educational Needs
v. Community Supports
vi. Housing Supports
- Ensuring families are informed of service options
- Facilitating team meetings as needed to develop and monitor service plans and ensure that service plans are driven by the family
- Case management to refer and facilitate access to an array of community services and supports
- Collaboration and coordination to facilitate implementation of service plans across all involved child and family serving agencies
- Continually updating knowledge of and relationship with community resources available to children and families
- Conducting training, outreach and marketing in support of SOC programming
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent and higher.
Wage: Dependent on education and experience.
Part-time or full-time positions available.
Send Resumes to: Southern Plains Behavioral Health Services
500 E. 9th Street
Winner, SD 57580
You can also email your resume to the Executive Director at:
Lindsey McCarthy, MSW